Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Runners



I finally decided to make 3 table runners out of the very Spring - like Moda fabric - April Cornell.  I rather like the way that they turned out, and I am starting to realize I badly need a new sewing machine.  I fought and fought with this one.  It is about 28 years old and I am tired of fighting with it, ripping out and resewing when the tension goes all haywire.  I have been looking at a number of machines online.  The closest store is 5 hours drive away, so it will not be a quick " go see and try out".

I am thrilled to have won Krista's  ( of Poppyprint ) beautiful 75th post contest and I will be sure to post pictures when it arrives - she does beautiful work.

I have finished this one runner and have the two remaining ones to do.  They will all be the same, so I am thinking they may make nice Mothers Days gifts, with one for me!  We are very very busy finishing the painting of all out kitchen cupboards - huge job!  There is not much sewing time available, except at night when it is too dark in the kitchen to paint carefully.  We are putting 5 -6  coats of paint on, so it does take time, and I am only doing one section at a time so that the whole kitchen is not torn apart.


  It is not much fun getting a house ready to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment