Sunday, April 25, 2010

a decision! a Janome!

     I have not posted for some time, as my mother in law passed on April 11 and we headed off to Saskatchewan.  She was 93 and had a great life.

     Traveling back across the prairies, I checked out 2 quilting stores - one in Mundare, Alberta that was just fabulous.  Lots of fabrics, pre-cut quilt kits of all kinds, tons of samples.  They were selling tickets for 2 quilts - one for Cancer that was a lovely pink number.  The other quilt was a queen sized jewel tones marvel.  My SIL and I bought tickets on both.

     The other store was in Edmonton on the south side ( Earthly??) sorry - I couldn't remember the name.  It was a fairly small but extremely busy store.  It seemed like classes and workshops were a major focus.  In both of the stores, I looked for wools and wool patterns, but neither carried them.  Hmmm.  In fact in the Edmonton quilt store, I finally asked the clerk, and she showed me a small basket of wool knitting skeins. Ah, no.
 
      So the decision - after much research, I decided on the Janome 6600.  My heart is thumping at spending that much money ( ok, my old Kenmore cost about $189.00 and was bought in 1979 or so ) but I am thrilled and excited.  I have saved for a long time.  The internet is great for opinions and forums when you are considering spending your funds.  The machine is being shipped on the bus on Monday and should be in my house by Wednesday. Whoo Hoo!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment