Monday, March 1, 2010

Maybe someone else should pick fabric for me ....






We have been so enthralled with watching the Olympics that it was an excuse to make a couple of table runners while set up in front of the television. It put the kitchen renovation on a slow down mode, but now that the Olympics are over, chores await.
I placed an order from Padacuh, and I ordered 2 charm packs of Bali Blue Lagoon. When the package arrived, there were 24 5 inch squares of this outrageous 'peace symbol' red and yellow bali fabric. This I would never even look at, never mind order. These squares were in the middle of the Lagoon charm packages. I emailed the company, and they must have thought I was crazy - but, they emailed back and sure enough all their packages had this strange fabric - needless to say, it was lovey e mail informing me that they are recutting new fabric, correcting their packages and mailing 2 new complete packs. Great customer service. They didn't ask for the strange fabric back - so what to do? The colours and designs were way outside my usual style or comfort zone. So, stretch your mind Kimberley, and get to it. So, what to do? Well, make a wall quilt, think of a good block design, and here goes with dark blue solids and another bali fabric for a border.

It has yet to be backed and quilted. I am not sure whether to to do the navy back or go for a red-orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment